||I repeat my bug report:
Not all templating systems are string-oriented. HTML::Seamstress is not.
It works with HTML::Element instances.
As such, it would be nice if the result of filling in the form could be
returned as a tree for further processing by HTML::Element methods.
As it stands, I am forced to parse the results of HTML::FillInForm back
into a tree (even though it was a tree before HTML::FillInForm
Now, just consider how much is being done.
If FillInForm could receive and return trees, my apps would be much faster.
- seamstress has an HTML tree that it wants the form filled in on
- seamstress converts this to a string
- FillInForm parses the string into an HTML tree and then fills in the form
- FillInForm converts the HTML tree to a string
- seamstress re-parses the HTML for additional processing
For the time being, I at least need to turn this multiline process into a single function call, so here it is.