Git & GitHub seems to get all the attention in the Perl world nowadays. Since perl itself is on git, a lot of people are attracted to Git & GitHub (or so I think). So, why do you choose /Git(hub)?/i over Mercurial/Bitbucket or vice versa? Is it because
- You are a cargo cult follower
- perl is on Git, so It's logical to use git for my own things
- All the CPAN celebrities are on GitHub
- GitHub already built a Perl community in it why bother with other cr@p? I can't live alone
- There is this big hype about git
- Bitbucket is an exact copy of GitHub. Lame lame lame!
- Git is faster
- Git has more features
- Hg has more features
- Git has no native (yeah yeah I know that msysgit thing) Windows port. So, hg is better
- You like hg commands
- Something else? Please explain
Well, you can also explain why Git & Hg both sux if you're using another VCS for your projects :) Me? I choose Hg mainly because Git lacks native Windows port and Hg seemed more familiar after a long Perforce experience.