|Think about Loose Coupling|
Re: Next Language to Learnby cdarke (Prior)
|on Mar 30, 2010 at 08:13 UTC||Need Help??|
Wow! You know everything about Perl? Moose? Catalyst? XS?
Then again, I guess you mean "What is a the next language to learn after Perl 5", to which the obvious answer is "Perl 6".
Here is what over 40 years of programming has taught me:
1. You will never know everything
2. Be selective - choose your path
3. Products have the lifespan of a mayfly
4. Stuff you learn today will appear to be obsolete tomorrow
5. Stuff you learn today will be useful the day after tomorrow
6. Don't believe bozos who try to give you advice based on their own failed careers.