|There's more than one way to do things|
Re^4: installing strawberry and activeperlby targetsmart (Curate)
|on Oct 12, 2010 at 08:21 UTC||Need Help??|
Thanks to all monk replies.
I managed to get my scripts working.
1. Uninstalled active perl 5.6.1 and strawberry perl 5.8.9 + reboot
I dont think that is an efficient way to achieve the goal, but it solved the purpose. If there is an efficient way than the one I mentioned about, please let me know.
Actually the main Idea behind installing strawberry perl was to make sure that the old scripts that I have which worked well with active perl 5.6.1 is compatible with newer strawberry perl. But one unfortunate/fortunate thing is the support for pseudo hashes has been removed from perl 5.10, so installing strawberry perl 5.12 didn't suit well for my scripts(fields module can be used, but that is a different story, as I was only asked to check compatibility). So I finally installed strawberry perl 5.8.9 and everything seems to be working fine. Thanks
-- 'I' am not the body, 'I' am the 'soul/consciousness', which has no beginning or no end, no attachment or no aversion, nothing to attain or lose.