|P is for Practical|
Re^2: Image Analysisby fluffyvoidwarrior (Monk)
|on Oct 26, 2010 at 07:55 UTC||Need Help??|
1. By how many pixels do things in successive images move?
The objects I want to detect - about 5%. The background slop - about 60%
2. Is the frame-rate consistent with the conveyor rate?
3. Is the movement linear in an ordinal direction? (Left to right or top to bottom.)
Mostly. The sludge is random and linear in the direction of flow. The objects have some limited random motion and travel fairly reliably in the direction of flow.
4. How good is the registration of successive images? (ie. is the camera rigidly fixed or wobbly?)
In theory good. In practice likely to wobble.
5. How long between frames and how much processing power is available to process the images?
Frames can be delivered as discrete jpegs at 5 per sec or as a digital cctv video stream. Processing power of an ordinary desktop PC.