And what about ikegami and others? Seems a stretch to compare tye and ikegami.
Sorry, but this took a while to put together.
Re-read for yourself, in posting order and context, the recent ikegami run-in:
- OP asks
- I answer
- Ike (now admitted; falsely) asserts
- I question (politely)
- Ike asserts (non-existant failure modes)
- I (technically) challenge him to demonstrate
- Ike a) mis-quotes me(since obliterated); b) claims to have demonstrated (also obliterated)
- I a) correct him. b) tell him his assertions are false; c) politely request a demonstration or retraction; explaining why.
- Ike a) insults me ("playing dumb"); b) falsely claims to have already demonstrated!
- I (politely) ask where I've missed this demonstration;
- Ike then a) admits he hasn't yet demonstrated; b) posts a non-demonstration.
- I (finally) succumb to the frustration with (what most people would see as) the very mildest form of technical personal chiding. And then only by turning the insult he previous threw at me, back at him, having ignored it for several posts.
- Ike respond with defensive rebukes, attacking the form of the message rather than its content, and erroneous rhetorical distractions.
Now, who started the insults? And who raised the bar?
And, if anyone actually cared, they'd find the same thing with most other threads in which I am accused of getting heated.