Using a tool like browsershots.org is great but are the vast majority
of browsers where the site is rendering poorly represented by PerlMonks
visitors? There was no way for me to know that until I posted this and
heard back from enough Monks and/or we have site statistics available. (Even from Google Analytics:)
The test also leaves out a few important notes such as resolution
(was the test done for a resolution of 800, 1024?). It also excludes a
few key operating systems like Mac OSX and recent versions of Windows.
That's unless I'm the only person visiting PerlMonks on a Mac and none
of our members are using Windows 7 but I would love to know that before
setting off on making corrections.
I actually don't suspect that it's a browser problem that some people are having. It seems that the second column in particular is wrapping under the first at resolutions of 800 and below. (I would be thankful to get confirmation on that.)
P.S. I did make corrections to the wrapping (as you suggested) which improved that result (caused by the first column's width) when I narrowed my browser window on a few laptops. I didn't ignore your advice tye ;)
"...the adversities born of well-placed thoughts should be considered mercies rather than misfortunes." Don Quixote