I had a post yesterday where I (finally) discoverd that when using XML::Simple under mod_perl, any POSTed params where not accessable via the CGI.pm param method. A Google search showed other people who had experienced this.
My work-around was to just use XML::Parser and things worked fine.
This morning I was trying to convert a few scripts that use LWP::Simple to run under mod_perl. What I found was after the first "get()", it would hang until it timed out. My work-around on this was to use LWP::UserAgent and HTTP::Request::Common, and all was fine. I also found a few Google hits that talked about this.
So I guess the moral is, that in the end, sometimes the "Simple" modules aren't, at least if you're using mod_perl.
Edit: footpad 2001-06-20