in reply to Re^8: regexp class (no bugs)
in thread re: regexp class
No, of course it would not be an "additional feature" request. It would be an original feature request. "This code doesn't have feature $X" is not the same as "This code is buggy". Failing to implement required features makes the code incomplete. It doesn't mean the code contains any bugs.
Code being bug-free obviously does not mean that there are no features that it leaves unsatisfied.
But the empty program successfully implements the following important features:
- Compiles without errors
- Validates all required inputs
- Reproduces itself
- Does not allow any SQL injection attacks
- Produces all output in UTF-16
- Produces all output in 7-bit ASCII
- Produces all output in Big5
- Logs detailed error reports if any operation it attempts fails
- Exits immediately if used as part of any illegal or immoral activity
- All output is automatically translated into the viewer's native language, even if there are multiple simultaneous viewers
- All network communication is encrypted so that not only can the NSA never decrypt a single byte of it, they can't even detect it