This is obviously just a typo in your post (hint, copy and paste what your actual code). Secondly, define is an old module you probably don't have installed, it's not core. Thirdly, what is MaxRow, it's only mentioned once in your code:
I'm not sure what you mean, but the proper capitalization is indeed Spreadsheet::ParseExcel. On case-insensitve filesystems and in case the module doesn't export anything (like, apparently this module) that would hardly seem to matter, but it is a proper habit to get into.
bart, I scored this out because I found this worked when I tried it. I wanted to do some further digging, which I didn't get round to yesterday due to being very busy. I rarely code on Windows and was surprised this worked, as I'm used to the 'case counts' mentality. While I stand by this mentality (as you rightly say, it's a good habit to get into) I wanted to take the time to investigate if I'd done anything wrong in my test, or if perl as actually working as I expected on my windows laptop. Thanks.