I realize there are myriad threads around asking this same question but I haven't found anything that ties into my specific situation in any of them.
Many of them suggest using perl -e 'use DBI' as a method of testing if it's loaded. In my circumstance this tests successfully for the root user but when I try it as the pc8admin (Informatica) user I get the Can't locate loadable object.
I don't see anything in their paths or environment that would explain this and I've verified with which perl that they are using the same executable. I've also made sure to chmod so that they were read/executable by world just in case that was the problem.