|No such thing as a small change|
Re^2: DBD::ORacle: Not able to insert into Databaseby slayedbylucifer (Scribe)
|on Jul 25, 2012 at 17:24 UTC||Need Help??|
Roboticus, Finally I got it working. there were quite a few issues apart from the cleanliness:
- First, The chomp part that you said not working here although it was essential. Please find my discussion on below threads: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11645696/perls-chomp-chomp-is-removing-the-whole-word-instead-of-the-newline Chomp is removing the whole word instead of the newline
- I had this chomping problem way before I created this thread. I have documented solution on the stackoverflow one. will post my solution on perlmonks as well
- Second, for whatever reason, I had to unassign "primary Key" column by logging to the SQL developer. Although my entries were not duplicates...still..I had to do it
- Third, I was uploading the values in a wrong way. The DBI documentation led to use the "$dbh->quote" method to upload strings.
- Finally, I used Text::CSV to retrieve individual values of my CSV and then uploaded them using the "$dbh->quote".
Here is the csv:
and here is my code:
Thank you very much for your advice and time.