in reply to
Re^8: 20 most important Perl Best Practices
in thread 20 most important Perl Best Practices
Breaking my "no further interactions until ..." missive for a special case.
- I had not seen your earlier post. It was not a reply to me so I didn't see it. Indeed, it just took me a while to find it.
- I did not put the words in Jenda's post. He did not aim those words at a) you; b) nor any women.
- I did not write the cartoon. I did not post the originally link to the cartoon.
- The cartoon was not posted here. You had to follow a link to find it. There are far worse links to follow.
- I am not responsible for; nor defending; nor condoning; any of that (mostly unrelated) male behaviour you cite above.
- I have not, and would not make any attempt to suppress or belittle the discussion of the (mostly unrelated) issues you raise above.
Indeed, if you would care to scan back through my 10 years & nearly 18,000 posts of interactions here, you will find that I have been very vocal on defending those (thankfully few) people whom I have seen targeted on the basis of the gender, race, or religion.
- Finally, I wonder if you have actually read the cartoon in question, because -- I've said this several times now, but it bares repeating -- the butt of the joke in the cartoon, is exactly the stereotypical male behaviour you are decrying.
What makes the cartoon so funny, is that it turns that stereotypical male behavior back at its source -- men.
In the calm light of reasoned, thoughtful understanding, you might see that such reverse-targeted humour does far more to modify stereotypical male behavior, than any amount of "the jokes fine in private but don't mention it when there are ladies present" ever can.
With the rise and rise of 'Social' network sites: 'Computers are making people easier to use everyday'
Examine what is said, not who speaks -- Silence betokens consent -- Love the truth but pardon error.
"Science is about questioning the status quo. Questioning authority".
In the absence of evidence, opinion is indistinguishable from prejudice.
RIP Neil Armstrong