|Problems? Is your data what you think it is?|
Re: Perl 5 Optimizing Compiler, Part 5: A Vague Outline Emergesby fglock (Vicar)
|on Sep 03, 2012 at 17:21 UTC||Need Help??|
1. What is your personal interest in a Perl 5 optimizing compiler?
This is something I could probably use at work, where I mostly optimize perl code.
I'm also the author of the perlito compiler. I'm investigating the efficient implementation/emulation of perl semantics on alternative backends. I'm also interested in the parser itself.
2. What part of the project do you feel qualified to work on?
Maybe some parsing, code generation, and optimizations.
3. What XS code have you written?
4. What is your level of familiarity with Perl internals?
5. Are you more interested in being sponsored to work hard on this project, or just volunteering some of your spare time?
I don't know yet, but the project looks really interesting.
6. Are you in a position to provide some initial pro bono coding effort?