|There's more than one way to do things|
Re^4: perllVm: A Linux test of how Perl and LLVM would work together.by flexvault (Monsignor)
|on Sep 09, 2012 at 15:24 UTC||Need Help??|
...at a few percentage points improvement from clang optimizations versus gcc optimizations
I re-read your post, and just to clarify what I was talking about.
The 15% improvement was comparing the original Perl5.16.0 compiled with '-O2' and the new Perl5.16.0 (perllvm) compiled with '-O3', and not the incremental re-running of the script.
But now I realized I compared '-O2' to '-O3' ( which could be the cause of any increase). So I went back and compiled 'GCC' with '-O3', but the Perl 'Configure' changed it to '-O2', so I couldn't compare apples to apples anyway. 'Configure' did allow the '-O3' with 'clang' but not with 'GCC'.
I looked at the 'Configure' and it would have to change to add the 'jit' parameters as well, but until I get some feedback from the LLVM developers, it would be a waste of time.
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin