in reply to
When my script doesn't work, I ...
There's a process for that:
- Cuss like a sailor asking the Universe why the <BLEEP!> this thing ain't working??????
- Smack monitor
- Go for more coffee
- Cuss some more
- rerun the code and hope the problem isn't still there.
- cuss more when the problem remanifests itself.
- try blaming the input data.
- go for more coffee
- re-run code
- Turn on script's built in debug logging
- stare at terminal
- Go to lunch
- read debug output
- Add more debug logging in strategic locations
- Get Diet Mountain Dew from vending machine
- rerun script
- found bug, fix.
- Go home
And the next day we start all over again!
Peter L. Berghold -- Unix Professional
Peter -at- Berghold -dot- Net; AOL IM redcowdawg Yahoo IM: blue_cowdawg