Well, I am, too, waiting for an explanation of simpleconnect(). Anyway,
- use strict;
- use warnings; and check error_log
- my result=0; is missing a $
- $result is scoped wrong
- The eval appears to be useless (I don't recall DBI->connect dying without RaiseError)
- You really ought to set RaiseError to 1.
- Databases stop the transaction and refuse to continue when an error is encountered.
- You ought to commit even with zero changed rows. (Or roll back.)
- Check the error log for database errors.
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||