|Pathologically Eclectic Rubbish Lister|
Although the Electric kettle has gotten some disgusting mineral deposits, so I've been using the microwave until I figure out how to clean that stuff :)
Malt vinegar! (Just) Cover the element or base of the kettle with it and switch the kettle on for a few seconds until the vinegar boils; then switch it off. Leave to stand for 1/2 hour. Rinse with cold water to avoid an unpleasent (but otherwise benign) aftertaste. (Also, avoid sniffing the fumes. Again, not dangerous, but pretty eye-watering.) <p?(For really thick deposits you may need to repeat a couple of times!)
Malt vinegar is cheap as chips and far more effective(*) than those overpriced -- and usually noxious kettle cleaning products you find on the market.
(*Calcium carbonate (chalk) readily dissolves in Acetic acid.)
With the rise and rise of 'Social' network sites: 'Computers are making people easier to use everyday'
Examine what is said, not who speaks -- Silence betokens consent -- Love the truth but pardon error.
"Science is about questioning the status quo. Questioning authority".
In the absence of evidence, opinion is indistinguishable from prejudice.