the following szenarios give me some headache:
1. ActivePerl (22.214.171.1244) under MS Windows using different fonts works well.
2. Cross-packaging the code using PerlApp (9.1.1) to Linux (Mint 14.2) using the very same ActivePerl (126.96.36.1994) Linux version gives me just very poor quality fonts (reminds me on plotting 20 years ago).
3. Straight ActivePerl (188.8.131.524) under Linux without PerlApp: same poor fonts as described under 2.
4. 'native' Perl (5.14) (which comes with the Linux Mint distribution) gives me perfect fonts (as expected).
Could anyone explain what I am doing wrong?
Your help is very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||