Because it's not worth my volunteered time to remember all of the bugs fixed in the 17 versions of Perl released since Perl 5.8.8
1. There are no evidences that there are less bug in new version, see Re^2: Stop suggesting to upgrade perl
2. You don't have to remember all bugs
3. You don't have to answer questions
4. You don't have to answer questions which ask for support for older version of perl.
5. If certain perl version is business requirement, why answer with suggestion to drop this requirement?
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||