Do you somehow think it contradicts what I said?
You're not very good at this are you.
- "Code simplification."
What is the justification for "simplifying" code that has worked perfectly well for a dozen or more releases?
- Does is improve performance? No.
- Does make things more secure? No.
- Does it radically reduce compilation time? No.
- Does it reduce the number of tests that are needed? No.
- Does the simplification remove a dependency upon some external library or tool or exotic skillset? No.
- "maintaining the level of security"
You mean, as far as its been considered, it probably didn't make things any worse.
- You omitted to mention: "broke a bunch of other people code for no good reason"
A huge, resounding, emphatic: YES!
Show up for the pointless, meaningless, politically motivated, incomplete and non-useful diatribe it is. Abso-frickin-lutely.
With the rise and rise of 'Social' network sites: 'Computers are making people easier to use everyday'
Examine what is said, not who speaks -- Silence betokens consent -- Love the truth but pardon error.
"Science is about questioning the status quo. Questioning authority".
In the absence of evidence, opinion is indistinguishable from prejudice.
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||