The Dutch Perl Workshop 2018 will be in Arnhem.
Amsterdam.pm is pleased invite you to the 14th Dutch Perl Workshop!
Our workshops are yearly meetings of experienced and beginning Perl
lovers. One whole day of long and short lectures for everyone.
- Saturday July 7 in the StayOkay in Arnhem
(just an hour drive from Amsterdam center, Schiphol, Düsseldorf)
Last year, the European Perl Conference took place in Amsterdam, so we
skipped a year for the Workshop. After a few events in Utrecht, we are
back to our original location at the StayOkay: a friendly and affordable
With still three months to go, we do not have all the details yet. The
current plan is:
- Early arrivals welcome on Friday at hackerspace Hack42
- Saturday from 9:30 to 18:00, various presentations in two tracks:
Followed by the Social Event: BBQ and aftermath
- one track of talks in English
- one track of talks in Dutch, maybe some in English
- Sunday has various offerings
We will detail these later, probably add a few. These additions
will only happen when enough people pre-register. Watch your mail
closely for announcements.
- extended tutorials on Perl 6, by Andrew Shitov
- hands-on "Perl on embedded devices", by Jens Rehsack
- group trips to nearby Burgers' Zoo or Openairmuseum
We would like everyone to contribute a talk. There are 5, 10, 20, and
40 minutes slots. Of course, it is not required to contribute this way,
but we really like to hear your experiences with Perl.
A large number of participants arrive the evening before the Workshop,
and often also stay the following night. Beds are available from 35€
per night: the later you book, the more expensive they get. Book now!
Book your bed yourself at: StayOK.
There are also hotels and AirBNBs nearby. Please list in the wiki where
Enjoy, Have FUN! H.Merijn
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||