FWIW I go the proactive approach with these types of situations.
If there is a project I'm working on with others, I:
- Explicitly define the deliverable
- Define milestones
- Have regular (weekly) meetings to track the project
- Test the project against specifications
- Make any necessary changes, repeat previous step until it meets spec.
- Sign off the project
Of course, this isnt going to help once the horse has bolted, so my preferred course of action would then be to book meeting with said individual and calmly ask him/her to explain why their deliverable is off spec. After that, it is getting them to re-do the project on spec with the above guidelines.
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
Outside of code tags, you may need to use entities for some characters:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||