Hello, just a few suggestions to help you improve upon this code:
- use CGI or die; - A few reasons why you should use the CGI.pm module instead of rolling your own.
- Using strict.pm will save you a lot of time down the road.
- As I pointed out earlier, make sure to read up on security. If you only remember one thing, make sure it's Don't Trust User Input.
- Add the -w flag (or use warnings;) to enable warnings. They'll help you catch silly mistakes and reduce your debugging time.
For added points, remove the "Do not edit without permission." statement. If you're posting code to get advice on how to improve it, the least you can do is allow others to use and modify it.
Other minor annoyances:
- The title - "UberSecure" this script isn't. Not by any stretch of the imagination. When you're learning and unsure of a script's quality, better to stick with a different title.
- Version number - I'm curious where "Version 1.5.2" came from. This number shouldn't just be picked out of the air, it should be representative of the stability of the code. Read the Software Release Practice HOWTO for more details on good release practices.
Hope this helps and best of luck with your future postings :).
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
Outside of code tags, you may need to use entities for some characters:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||