Here are some of the criteria I apply to all Software:
- Is it free? If not, is it worth the money?
- Is it proven to be robust and secure?
- Is there an effective way of reporting bugs and requesting enhancements?
- Are upgrades made frequently and at no cost between major releases?
- Does it conform to existing conventions? If not does it improve on existing standards?
- Does it use proprietary file formats?
- Are the file formats well documented and that documentation publicly available?
- Does using the Software exclude me from using other manufacturers software?
- Does using the Software bind me to using other software products that I must purchase?
- Does it only run on certain platforms?
From my criteria you will see that .0 releases (in my opinion ) only
fall down on point 2.
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||