Why not Perl?
– FreeBSD support and performance is great
– huge CPAN library
– we already use it for offline processing
– There’s More Than One Way To Do It
– poor sandboxing, easy to screw up server
– wasn’t designed as web scripting language
There's More Than One Way To Do It
This is a bad thing?
poor sandboxing, easy to screw up server
And it's not with PHP?
wasn’t designed as web scripting language
True, but Perl has a long history of being used in web applications.
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
Outside of code tags, you may need to use entities for some characters:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||