Oh boy ... I would've told him
ya know (if i
, there ain't no stopping me )
- Does he know what GLOBS are?
- Does he know how my/local are different?
- What are his feelings on until/unless?
- or the difference between && and and and || and or? (;D)
Is he an intern or something?
What did he do to get the job?
I suggest you make him read
perldata, perlref, perldoc -f ref,
and then perldsc perlreftut perllol
every day until he gets it.
Once you learn perldata/perlref, there is very little mystery left in complicated datastructures (i feel most anybody with half a brain , and half an hour, can learn all about perldata/perlref with the help of somebody who knows it all ).
perldata/perlref are as essential as perlsyn (and dare I say, perlre, even perlre is advanced any which way you look at it, but at least knowing how to employ m// and s/// are not).
If your dude knows all about arrays/hashes/scalars, point him to References quick reference and let's see if he don't learn it in half an hour.
** The Third rule of perl club is a statement of fact: pod is sexy.
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||