Here's my 10 faves, in no particular order:
- HTML::Template - For keeping Perl tidy
- DBI - Because I shouldn't have to change my programs because I change databases
- XML::Simple - I don't know much about XML, but this has been a help to me
- Mail::SpamAssassin - Because I HATE SPAM!
- File::Slurp - It frequently helps me save a few lines of code here and there
- CGI::Carp - Still too many dumb mistakes
- CGI - When it has to be done quick and dirty, accept no subsitute.
- Archive::Zip - Makes delivering our applications and other stuff to our clients a breeze
- Imager - Tremendously easy to work with images and scanned documents
- LWP::UserAgent - Too many uses to list.
There's more I love and use, but these are the ones that have served me best, from my baby Perl days till now (only slightly better than baby Perl, I'd imagine :P)
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||