- No cubicles.
- Give developers a quiet environment.
- Set up a big room with plenty of space for everyone to work together.
- No fluorescent lights.
- Plenty of whiteboards and index cards.
- There should be plenty of room for developers, their managers, and some sort of customer to work together comfortably.
- Have a couple of small offices for work that needs absolute quiet or privacy, but don't give them to anyone permanently.
If you want to develop teamwork, your workspace has to encourage it. If you want people to work together — if you want developers to ask each other and the customer questions rather than guessing at the answers — it has to be easier to work together than to work separately.
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||