Change the '::' separator to '-', ie: ppm install Spreadsheet-WriteExcel
If you're running from the ppm prompt, you can search then install by the number of the result.
What an awkward sentence that was! I'll just paste a screenshot:
ppm> search WriteExcel
Searching in Active Repositories
1. Spreadsheet-WriteEx~ [0.41] (none)
2. Spreadsheet-WriteEx~ [0.42] Write to a cross platform Excel binar
3. Spreadsheet-WriteEx~ [0.42] Write to a cross platform Excel binar
4. Spreadsheet-WriteEx~ [0.09] Convert a database table to an Excel
5. Spreadsheet-WriteEx~ [1.01] Create Excel Spreadsheet from XML
6. Spreadsheet-WriteEx~ [1.02] Create Excel Spreadsheet from XML
7. Spreadsheet-WriteEx~ [1.02] Create Excel Spreadsheet from XML
8. Spreadsheet-WriteEx~ [0.03] A simple single-sheet Excel document
ppm> install 6
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||