Okay, let me see if I understand completely:
You want a section that is different from Seekers of Perl Wisdom in that:
- It is explicitly for reviewing working code
- The posters are aware that the code is there to be reviewed
- Replies can be private
If this is indeed what you want, I would overall have no problem with it, except:
- I see no reason for private feedback. PerlMonks is about sharing learning, and this could be an excellent learning opportunity for more than the poster
- This would be best accomplished by revising the Code Catacombs section. As it stands, there is no real
distinction made between Code Catacombs, Craft, and Snippets. Rather than adding a new section, I would modify one of those existing ones.
If I am now understanding your wishes, and with the above comments, I think this is a great idea. You mentioned something in
the chatterbox yesterday about what you considered good/bad usage of the ? : construction during a code-review, and I
found it interesting. Where I work I'm the only Perl programmer, and there is nothing resembling a code
review. My only reason for writing good code is that I have to maintain it, and my
only means of learning new tricks is reading books and PerlMonks. I
know I would benefit from code review, and I imagine others would too.
All of this is IMNSHO, of course.
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
Outside of code tags, you may need to use entities for some characters:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||