The modules I use most in my stand-alone scripts are: (list was generated by a script, strict and friends removed)
- Imager or GD (using Imager exclusively now)
- Parse::RecDescent (for fancy input parsing)
- DB_File (for hash-persistance)
- Tie::Hash::Abbrev (for shell like interfaces)
In my modules (http://search.cpan.org/~smueller
), I tend to require other modules: (hand-selected list)
- Test::More, Test::Distribution (staring to use this), Pod::Coverage
- Imager, GD
- many modules in the Math::* section since I'm developing Math::* modules myself pretty actively. Examples: Math::Complex, Math::Approx, Math::Spline, Math::Big*, Math::MatrixReal, etc.
- perltidy (or Perl::Tidy), well, at least indirectly.
- and many more...
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||