No, a typical can of soda has between half and 1/3 the caffeine of a cup of coffee (also, note that a can of soda is much larger volume, so if you're going by concentration
then the difference between soda and coffee is even higher). A quick google could correct me, but off the top of my head:
- can coke: high 30s mg caffeine
- can MtDew: 50-55 mg caffeine
- can diet coke: ~45 mg caffeine (note: considerably higher than regular coke)
- cup coffee: 100-110 mg caffeine
The IC50 lethal dose of caffeine being about 5 grams (50 cups of coffee or 100 cans of dew).
The thing that makes MtDew deliver such a supreme kick in the ass is the combination of sugar and caffeine. Since MtDew is about the only thing I drink with sugar in it (only diet for other sodas, and no sugar in my coffee), the difference of the sugar is usually much greater than the difference in the caffeine... also, I have a prety high tollerance to caffeine at this point. Anyway, what this means is: I drink coffee out of necessity; I drink mountain dew for effect!
Not an editor command: Wq
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||