Rock solid code! I've run this client for several hours now without a single issue. The chat textbox has a huge scrollback buffer - which I was missing in Katterbox.
Unless you are on a M$ platform you may need to locate the two Win32 ref's and comment them out (like I did.) This will break browser launching until platform independant patches become available.
Excellent work jdporter! ++
I suggest the following improvements:
- Provide an indicator for login status (perhaps in the title bar?)
- Do not use the color red for "active" status but green instead. I thought the login had failed when the status became red.
- Add a scroll bar to the text dialogue history.
- Add an option to remove the timestamp.
- Fontcontrol would be nice.
- Give yourself some credit! Add an About menu.
The first dog barks... all other dogs bark at the first dog.
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||