Here is my shot at a pseudo-code
1. Pick the first element of array a
2. Calcuate the GCD(a,b) or better yet
a = mod (a, gcd(a,b) and b =mod (a, gcd(b,b) (just divide elements by gcd, it should be an integer)
3. If anything is 1 pop it out of the list
4. Go through the list of elements for b with a again. Do this until all elements are scanned in b.
5. Take the second element in a and repeat the process.
Does this work?
I shall post the code if i get a chance to implement it
PS: This reminds of division in high school days ;)
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||