There are a number of suites in the Monastery that provide this sort of information:
- Seekers of Perl Wisdom: questions people have asked and answers they have received.
- Tutorials: Introductory (and not so introductory) materials covering Perl and Perl idioms, and much more
- Snippets Section: snippets of code that solve specific problems in an interesting or elegant fashion
- Cool Uses For Perl: full blown (by generally small) Perl solutions to various problems that demonstrate cool ways to do stuff with Perl
- Code Catacombs: large scale Perl applications and modules that solve high level problems using Perl
- Categorized Questions and Answers: a FAQ sorted by category with in depth answers to questions covering many different areas of Perl use
I don't think that adding yet another wing to the building is going to make the trail to find an answer to any particular question any shorter. A good way to save shoe leather and search all the material here is to use super search. Super search is your friend!
DWIM is Perl's answer to Gödel
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||