Things I would do slightly differently:
- Use a separate variable for the DIARY location (reusing variables for different things can be confusing)
- Return text from weather() instead of printing within the subroutine (do your printing all in one place)
- Create a timestamp() subroutine to format the times nicely
- (some time in the future) Create a separate get_diary_text() subroutine so you can add different entry methods as Elgon suggests
Nothing scares me about what you have now. It's solid code.
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
Outside of code tags, you may need to use entities for some characters:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||