Perl is many things to me:
- A faithful friend - Perl is always there when I need something to lean on, or need help with a problem.
- A powerful tool - Few languages (or even, few things of any sort in the world) can compare to Perl's versatility.
- An art - The way you code and the way you share the things you write, these are forms of art, expressions of you and your use of Perl.
- A doorway onto a wonderful community - What other language would have a Monestary filled with monks and demi-gods of scripting? :-)
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
Outside of code tags, you may need to use entities for some characters:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||