Howdy, I have been using your module for all my code. Currently I turn off two things for Perl::Critic,
- RCS Control: am not using Subversion or CVS so I don't need that information in my modules.
- Tidy: I like tidy, however, I only recently got an email that PerlTidy had fixed a bug with its handling of attributes (it was breaking my Class::Std code).
Otherwise I will accept 95% of the suggestions submitted by Perl::Critic and tell it to ignore the other 5% (generally this has to do with concating single and double quoted strings.
Some people complain about the rules used by Perl::Critic, most of the complaints are about personal preference rather than the rule itself. I am willing to give up some of my preferences, which I am not particularly passionate about, to have very consistent code. I have found it easier to read and maintain code that I had write months ago when I did this.
Overall, I have been very happy with the code I have written and validated by Perl::Critic and will continue to use it in the future.
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||