What I would like to see is tags used instead of folders - so that you can combine them with union and intersection (particularily intersection) integrated with sort and search by words.
In fact I have a prototype bookmarking app where I put some of my ideas for an ideal user interface for an archive: LinkMine
- recursive search - the presented list can be searched and filtered just like the whole archive.
- clicking on properties (like tags, host, author) adds this property to the filter - together with the previous point it makes a very effective and integrated interface for searching and browsing.
- in the right panel you have a list of all tags (tag cloud) used on the current result (this panel is paged - this might be not clear) - this let's us to treat the tags as if they were folders. This can also be generalized to a faceted interface for all properties, but it might be heavy on server resources.
- bulk operations on whole pages of bookmarks (this is not yet fully implemented)
This is a Catalyst web application and I can give you the source code.
At Tags and search and DBIx::Class
I've described my DBIx::Class database model supporting this interface.
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||