Perl works. I am, however, surprised that you do.
Since I'm not currently employed (rifted), I have some time for this nonsense. I suggest you repeat these mantras:
- Perl is not DOS. DOS is a (primitive) operating system.
- Perl (not PERL) is a language.
- Solaris is not DOS. Solaris is a very robust operating system.
- BAT files are specific to DOS.
Now, answer this question: given this code: saxpy would you expect it to compile under VB? If not, why do you expect BAT files to be interpreted by a completely different operating system?
Insisting on perfect safety is for people who don't have the balls to live in the real world.
—Mary Shafer, NASA Dryden Flight Research Center
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
Outside of code tags, you may need to use entities for some characters:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||