Ok, this one's boring, but I sincerely am wondering about the opinions of fellow monks. I personally only drool over the new regex/rule and not much anything else. Well, macro comes second, but not very close.
What do you think is the single most important feature of Perl 6?
- specification-implementation separation
- static typing
- parameter specification
- sigil invariance
- "real" OOP
- lazy eval
- junctions and paralel programming
- new regex/rule
- the fact that it is a new version to prove that Perl is still "alive"
- the fact that it gives Perl 5 a lot of good ideas to steal from
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
Outside of code tags, you may need to use entities for some characters:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||