What do you think is the single most important feature of Perl 6?
I personally believe that chromatic knows better, so I'm pillaging him:
- lexically malleable grammars
- the default grammar
- multiple dispatch
- multiple simultaneous versions of the same module existing in process
- hypothetical variables
My personal (humourous) addition:
- its ability to become a typical troll's flamebait
As far as your options are concerned, I'd rename some of them as follows:
- static typing => the type system
- parameter specification => function signatures
- "real" OOP => solid object system, with roles and metaclasses
- lazy eval => lazy lists
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
Outside of code tags, you may need to use entities for some characters:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||