Theory of computation (Turing machines, automata, computational complexity, algorithms, NP completeness, big-O) is ...
- The crowning achievement of humankind
- Awesome; the PCP theorem makes me weak in the knees
- Pretty cool; I've even applied some of those things in practice
- Interesting, but hard to understand
- Something I've always wanted to learn more about, but never have the time
- Something I don't think I'll ever really understand
- Irrelevant for me; Never used it, never will
- In theory the same as practice, but in practice it's not*
- Something I barely survived in school and never want to think about again
- Best left to someone other than me
- A necessary evil in computer science
- A tactic employed by CS departments to make their students miserable
- A bunch of useless, self-important, academic jibberish
- Too impenetrable and abstract to even make up my mind
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
Outside of code tags, you may need to use entities for some characters:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||