A few favorites:
- mplayer plays nearly everything you can see or hear. (I prefer the console-only builds)
- Noah for handling virtually any "ark I've."
- HeidiSQL for mySQL dev. It's been on my list since the 'MySQL GUI' days.
- TortoiseSVN. Listed by Arunbear, but it deserves a second mention.
And a few others:
- Safari for win32. It's there. Might as well try it out.
- SciTE is great if (like most editors) you take the time to really bend it to your will.
- foobar2000, a 'lite' audio player with plenty of plug-ins available to make it heavy.
- Privoxy to filter out banner ads. (...they still use those right?)
- aspell for win32. 'Reccomended' for those pesky misspellings. ;^)
For more small apps, visit http://tinyapps.org/
: I forgot SpeedFan
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||