In a chat with dkubb
the other day, we agreed on how much we'd love to see two additional sections of the monestary devoted to impromptu golfing and benchmark contests. Since a golf or benchmark arena
isn't going to be added to the monestary anytime soon, we thought that a good interim solution would be to place contest-initiating posts in Snippets
, prefixed by (Golf) or (Benchmark), to indicate that such a game is afoot. The snippets section seems like a good place because:
- It's uncategorized, unlike Code Catacombs.
- Many snippets are of ahhh... questionable value.
- Snippets don't take up front page real-estate.
- Snippets are expected to be short.
Of course, we'd like to hear comment from everyone on this, especially editors
, before imposing such posts upon the snippets section.
s aamecha.s a..a\u$&owag.print
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
Outside of code tags, you may need to use entities for some characters:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||