I don't know anything about Comet or WebSocket, and the mojolicious homepage doesn't target these sales points at all. In conclusion mojolicious.org is not targeting me -- the early adopter type who *already* uses an mvc framework that he is fairly happy with, not to say I couldn't be more happy with Mojolicious. Instead you're doing what everyone is still doing by trying to target the dwindling audience of PHP users. That's what I see as the fault here. Your homepage is not noticeably different from any other mvc framework with generators.
No offense, lets examine my thought process as I traverse through your features:
* Full stack HTTP 1.1 client/server implementation (nothing new. s
+ales point in 2003).
* Builtin async io and prefork servers (cough?? explain.).
* CGI and FastCGI support (nothing new. Catalyst too).
* Code generators (Catalyst too. expired sales point in 2003).
* Very clean object oriented API (Catalyst too. subjective).
* Pure Perl (at best a moot point) without any hidden magic (which
+ is what everyone claims).
* Example MVC web framework (Catalst, Maypole, Jifty et al?) named
+ Mojolicious (the name has no bearing) (aka. Perl on Rails).
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||