I had trouble getting GD to install on Strawberry. As in "I gave up". Other than that I am very fond of Strawberry.
I realise that it should be fairly easy to download the GD C library source and compile it, and then use it to build the XS component of GD. I fiddled around for a while and since I was pressed for time, I just installed the GD.ppm module for Activestate and generated the graphs I needed to generate.
In other words, AS and Strawberry coexist peacefully on the same machine, so you can always use both. Executing a particular perl binary by specifying its full path is sufficient for it to locate the libraries that belong to it. The question comes down to which one you wish to use by default when you run 'perl' from a DOS box. That just depends on your PATH setting.
• another intruder with the mooring in the heart of the Perl
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read (0=?node_id=237057 ;; 1=Where should I post X? ;; 2=) if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the (0=?node_id=29281 ;; 1=Perl Monks Approved HTML tags ;; 2=):
- (0=?node_id=341118 ;; 1=How do I compose an effective node title? ;; 2=)
- (0=?node_id=174051 ;; 1=How do I post a question effectively? ;; 2=)
- (0=?node_id=674668 ;; 1=Markup in the Monastery ;; 2=)
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! (0=?node_id=43037 ;; 1=What shortcuts can I use for linking to other information? ;; 2=)
See (0=?node_id=17558 ;; 1=Writeup Formatting Tips ;; 2=) and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||