I have now prepared a patch to the code and POD of HTML::FormValidator
with the following changes. I would appreciate your review and feedback of
these changes. The patched module can be downloaded here:
- Several updates to the syntax and grammar of the POD
- Added code and documentation for a procedural interface
- Added code and docs to allow specifying single item anon. arrays
as regular strings
- Added initial code to support better handling of dynamic form
validation. This included added two new routines:
constraint_suffix_map and constraint_prefix_map. This allows you
map all fields that have a common ending to automatically have a
particular constraint applied (for example, validating all fields ending
in _zip as zipcodes)
- added option for "dependency groups"-- when any field in the group is
field in, they all become required.
I have tested all my changes, but I would appreciate your reality checks
I have a few more features I'd like to add to round out support for
dynamic form field generation, but I thought it would be good to send this
version out for review already. Here are the features I want to add:
The basic idea to specific whether some fields are required or optional
based on there suffix, prefix, or a regular expression.
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
Outside of code tags, you may need to use entities for some characters:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||