Assuming that you installed Sybase OpenClient 15.5 from the 15.5 PC Client:
Install ActiveState Perl from http://www.activestate.com (free) and install DBI if it isn’t already installed. It should be but you never know…
- Start -> ActiveState Perl -> Perl Package Manager
- install DBI
Now, the easy part. Install the DBD::Sybase 1.09 PPM:
- download DBD::Sybase 1.09 PPM
- extract zip file to temporary directory (e.g. c:\test)
- Start -> Run -> cmd.exe (as Administrator if Vista or Windows 7)
- cd \test
- ppm install DBD-Sybase.ppd
That’s it :)
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||